Thursday, August 18, 2011

My Dane

Have you ever woke up in the morning and lost yourself in whether or not reality had anything to do with what you dreamed the night before?  This morning was one of those mornings for me.  I woke up and felt the emotion of something my mind knew was completely imaginative.  Funny how our minds can know something is unrealistic, but our emotions cause us to feel so deep that we convince ourselves otherwise.

Lucky for me, my weird dream about one of my brothers left quickly as I thought about what was real.

Dane. Today I laid in bed for 20 minutes after he left for work and thought about him. I realize I am biased to some degree, because everyone thinks they have married the most handsome, sweet and funny person in the world.  I am telling you the honest truth when I say that Dane is the most handsome, sweet and funny person in the world.  He is that to me and that makes its true.

After years of dating, it didn't take me long to know that I wanted to be with Dane and I realize more every day that I made the right choice in marrying him.

The other night we were getting ready to read the scriptures and he stopped, pinched himself a few times and said, "Wow I guess its really real."  He reminds me constantly of how lucky I am and I find myself thinking, "Wow, I guess its really real."  It was only one year ago that we started being close friends. I would have never imagined he would see something in me and feel it was worth all the time, energy and especially a plane ticket to France to come visit me last fall!

He still gives me butterflies when he walks in the door after work or going to the gym.  I feel so loved when he looks in my eyes and I see the sincerity and kindness that never leaves.  He puts me first and cares about even the minute details of my life.  His kisses mean something to me. Every single one.

Dane & Hil
courtesy of www.silverlinephoto.com

The best part about Dane and I is the fact that I know it will last forever.  There is a quote I love by Rumi that says, "Lovers do not finally meet somewhere. They are in each other all along." I have my own reasons for loving this quote, and there are many ways to interpret I feel, so I will leave that for my thought today.  If you are looking for love, be the kind of person you would want to love you. If you already have a love in your life - make sure you let them know it too.
Norm & Nadine Andersen
The perfect example of what love looks like
courtesy of www.silverlinephoto.com  




2 comments:

  1. Hilary you are amazing! I never knew what a talent you had in writing. This is such a fun blog to read. And you are writing a book? What kind? It sounds like you and Dane are doing great and enjoying married life. I hope I get to meet him! Love ya Hils!
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loveeeeee this. i can't wait to feel this way about someone!
    It's awesome seeing how happy you are.

    ReplyDelete