Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Another Day Past

It snowed this morning for the first time in awhile in Rexburg- officially marking the end of the semester and the beginning of Christmas holidays.  Its fun to watch students scattering the last day of the semester to finish exams, pack, and sell back textbooks.  Everyone is happy, hugging and completely stressed out.

I can't say I am any different, but this semester I am surprisingly more relaxed than normal and I know it is because I have been steadily working to finish things way before the deadline.  It's the best stress reliever I know.

I think back to last year and am amazed at how fast time has passed, and where it has led me. With graduation only 2 semesters away I am starting to feel the accomplishment of achieving another one of my goals - and with another line through the list, I need to add something new.

With Dane learning italian every night, I am reminded of the satisfaction of achieving goals and trying new things- and with New Years approaching its time to start thinking of the new things I want to add to my list.

I love seeing people work hard and find success.  It inspires me.

On the other hand- I hate seeing people settle and lose sight of what they are capable of achieving.  Its sad and unfortunately, it shows in their eyes.

Why do we settle for things?  Do we really think we are worthless or stupid?  Settling just says I am not capable of happiness. I think we limit ourselves more than anyone or anything else can.  Forget what you think you cannot do, and start making a list of the things you want to do - not thinking if you can.

We need to stop asking ourselves if we CAN do something - just do it.  You will be amazed at the beautiful results you will see -in yourself, in what you create, and what you learn.

The best part about it - you will be happy.  What more can you ask for?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment