Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Memories

ONE YEAR AGO TODAY I said goodbye to my family, boarded a plan to London, then to Pisa Italy where I had the experience of a lifetime.  For some that followed my blog last year, I have a full account of my adventures in Europe ( http://www.myadventureineurope.blogspot.com/ ).  With a scarf tied securely around my neck, 3 suitcases and a backpack, along the intention to study french immersion in France after my visit to Italy, I jumped trains on my own praying that I would be able to carry everything with my skinny 5"3 frame.  Don't ask me how I was able to lug suitcases that weighed as much as I did up stairs, through foreign trains stations, all the while looking for words in English or French.   Somehow, things worked out. As I look back now, one year later, it was one of the most exhilarating and fulfilling things I have ever done.  It wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for my parents who helped me fulfill this dream of mine. 
I write this today not only to remember, but to share the satisfaction that comes through achieving life goals.  Earl Nightingale once said, "The more intensely we feel about an idea or a goal, the more assuredly the idea, buried deep in our subconscious, will direct us along the path to its fulfillment."



Nantes, France

Vanessa & I - one of my mission companions I served with in the England Birmingham Mission



The Louvre








Abbey & I in Stockholm Sweden

Sweden

One of my favourite photos - France

Cathedral in Nantes, France

London - seeing WICKED

Dane eating his first crepe

Versaille



Dane & I in PARIS
I guess with me I have always felt like if I want something bad enough, who is to say I can't have it.  I honestly cannot believe all the things I have accomplished in my life.  I never thought I would be 26 years old and be who I am today. I have grown, matured, experienced, laughed, cried and thought way too much. The passion inside of me has allowed for an amazing life so far.  I have chosen my path and I know that life will continue to get better and better.

World Traveller
Simona & I at The Leaning Tower of Pisa

Mona Lisa - I love this about Europe

A Taste of Italy

I think my expression says enough

Gelato

Making a wish at Ponte Vecchio

Beautiful Florence

Italy

Gelato is so good

Alessio & Simona - Simona and I were missionary companions in the England Birmingham Mission

A Work of Art - Florence


No comments:

Post a Comment