Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The end and beginning of another adventure

Well it has been too long since I updated my blog. A lot of things have been keeping me busy - including an amazing and long awaited month in Italy and a few days in New York City with some of my favorite people: The Crandall Family. It was great to finally get away from Rexburg with Dane and my sister and experience another adventure. Something I will never grow tired of.

I have started a blog for my senior project that will talk about our experiences in Italy as well as giving insightful tips, dos and don'ts and even some stories that should make you laugh, cry and probably want to visit Italy yourself. Everyone has been asking me, so was it worth it? The answer is: OF COURSE! Why on earth would visiting Italy not be worth it. If you want to know, book a flight and head on over to the Mediterranean for the experience of a lifetime. If you are interested in checking out the blog, please do: http://ciaoitalyciao.wordpress.com/ 

More news is that Dane and I finally arrived in sunny San Jose, California, where we will spend the next three and a half years of our life. We were definitely ready to get settled into our new apartment after traveling the globe for over a month. The best part of it all was seeing our families in Canada and Utah and not having to pay rent for the months of August and most of September!

Dane started chiropractic school on the 1st of October and is still getting used to the instructors, textbooks and expectations of the school after being graduated for almost 2 years. While he is at school, I have been spending my days as a digital media intern with the San Jose Sharks NHL hockey team. It really is the internship opportunity of a lifetime and I am grateful to have it.

While I hear it is getting cold up North, Dane and I frequently spend some time at the pools in our apartment complex and I am proud to say that I still have the glow of a tan on October 3, 2012. That has never happened to me before. It is beautiful here with the warmth, the palm trees and the green trees and grass. I am enjoying it so far. We are working out each day and trying to change our lifestyle. It has been so much fun so far and I am happy to share this time with Dane. It is another adventure for us to be here for these next three and half years. In the meantime I am looking for a job and enjoying as much sun as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment