Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Graduation and Goodbyes

I never thought this week would come, but alas it is here. I am already packing boxes, selling textbooks back and preparing last minute graduation details.

With family on the way for this weekend's graduation ceremony and goodbyes with fellow classmates, professors and faculty, I am feeling a little nostalgic about all those that have influenced my life and made it possible to be where I am.

My first thank-you goes to Dane. You've been my rock through the last year and a half. You have encouraged me, strengthened me and lifted me when I was physically and emotionally tired. You always know just what to say or do to put a smile on my face and make me feel important. Most of all, you take care of me the way I need and love. I couldn't be happier. I love you. x.

Mom and Dad. You have given me one of the greatest gifts anyone could give: an education. You pushed me and had high hopes for who I could become and never judged me when I wanted to try something new or different. As a teenager I may not have vocalized how much you mean to me, but that is probably because I didn't know it until now. Thank you for bringing me up right.

My siblings. Steve, Todd, Tim, Heather, Lindsay, David, Rebecca and Scotty.  Thank you for being patient with me as I matured. My memories of our childhoods, Christmas holidays, vacations, family home evenings and dinners always bring a smile to my face. I grew up on laughter, tears and hand me down clothes, but most of all love. Thank you for being my best friends, advocates and advisors.

To those along the way. Thank you for your examples, your advice, your lifestyles and your perspectives. It has been a privilege to rub shoulders with you. I have learned some of life's greatest lessons with you, because of you and for you.

Next week Dane and I will be packing up the moving truck and heading south. We have loved our first year of marriage together in Idaho. This is where it all began for us. We hope to find joy in the next phase of our life as Dane begins chiropractic school and I look for a job. We are blessed and it's because of all of you. Goodbye Rexburg.



1 comment:

  1. Love you Hilary - you are a great daughter and we are very, very PROUD
    of you. Good luck in all your future endeavours
    You will be a great success in your life because you work for it and because you have Dane at your side. He's great.
    Love mom.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete