Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Book of Mormon Challenge

It's time for a new challenge!

Dane and I decided that before April general conference we wanted to read the Book of Mormon from cover to cover in order to prepare ourselves to be taught, to increase the Spirit in our lives and to deepen our understanding and love of our Savior Jesus Christ.

A few years ago, President Hinckley issued a challenge to the members of the Church and to the world:

"Without reservation I promise you that if each of you will observe this simple program, regardless of how many times you previously may have read the Book of Mormon, there will come into your lives and into your homes an added measure of the Spirit of the Lord, a strengthened resolution to walk in obedience to His commandments, and a stronger testimony of the living reality of the Son of God."





I remember how much this challenge helped me during my young adult years, so I was really looking forward to trying it again. So far it has been fun to read more than just a chapter a day. The stories and teachings have come alive allowing me to really feel the passion and love from the words of the prophets. It brings to me the desire  to be better and to develop those Christlike attributes I am seeing in the Book of Mormon prophets. I thought it would be fun to use this blog as a way to record my thoughts and feelings of this new challenge - and invite anyone else to join in and share your thoughts, and feelings too!

Start from the beginning or wherever you are and feel free to comment and share!


No comments:

Post a Comment