Thursday, September 22, 2011

I Dreamed a Dream

The mornings are getting cold.
Soon, it will be dark when its time to leave for work or school and getting out of bed in the morning will seem like such a hard thing to do.  It's kind of always been that way for me, because I sure do love snuggling in the warm blankets of my bed and falling asleep, but this week it has been hard for Dane to get up.
Just the other day he said to me,
"The first thing you do every morning is complain!"
I was completely taken back (not really).  I will admit, it's true.  However, I would like to argue that I don't just complain.  The complaints come from my sore neck or having a headache in the morning.  It always has to do with me not feeling well and wanting more sleep.  But I felt the sting of the words as he told me and I realized I needed to change it.
I wish I could be more like my dad who would come wake each of us kids in the morning all cheery, when he probably got less sleep, definitely worked harder and had far more responsibilities in a far more important sphere each and every day of his life.  I cannot remember a morning when he grumbled at me or told me to hurry it up because I was being a lazy sleepyhead.
Being like my dad might be a dream for me, but I figured I could begin the journey on my yellowbrick road to happiness by first asking Dane how he slept instead of asking myself.  Now he is the one who is "tired" and "I didn't sleep well." Poor thing.
We've got to figure out the secret to sleeping well.
I don't know about anyone else, but I think my imagination loves it when I go to sleep at night. It goes absolutely crazy and thinks of random people, places and things that I have already thought about or associated with that day and creates a nice little creative writing assignment in the form of a motion picture dream.
Last night's motion picture - War in Iraq, my brother revealing our hiding spot because he just had to skype his wife, and a phonecall for me while I'm trying to play mini-golf in my parent's living room from someone informing me that so and so (I really honestly didn't know) was really sick and not going to make it.  Either I watch the news too much or actually live this exciting of a life because I can assure you I would not be picking that for my bedtime story.
Maybe that is why my neck hurts so bad, fighting a war, mini golfing while trying to hold a phone to my ear as I play can really do a number.  I wonder what tonight's feature will be?

No comments:

Post a Comment